Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Exhibit Design Update

I have updated my exhibit design website with a few more class exercises. Also, my project documentation has been updated.

We have learned a great deal of basic tools so far in Exhibit Design. I am really excited to start applying these skills on my project. I will learn how to control servos to a great degree of precision. In class we have already used servos to a limited degree. The best part is that it is now up to me to develop these skills to the degree that suits my project. A great general once said you should always tell you troops what to do, but never how to do it. Allowing people to use their own ingenuity and problem solving skills gives them a greater sense of satisfaction in completing their tasks. In Exhibit Design, we are the troops being left to our own devices to produce a project. Historians are great puzzle solvers. We like mysteries and being the detective to crack the case. This project is just a different challenge to meet, another puzzle to solve. Harnessing the words of that general, I am looking forward to using my own skills to solve a problem I am not at all sure how to solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment